Athos Therapeutics is a start-up biotechnology company that is uniquely in positioned to deliver a blockbuster treatment toward inflammatory bowel diseases and cancers to advance patient health. Ours approach delivers on the promise of computation to revolutionize drug discovery. Through our closed-loop wet lab discovery platform and data-rich AI, we overcome existing constraints to target discovery and intelligently navigate chemical space to efficiently design, discover and optimize small molecule therapeutics.
Athos Therapeutics is seeking an innovative and motivated experienced medicinal chemist to join our chemistry team.
Experience and Qualifications
- BSc or MSc degree in organic chemistry (or equivalent) and 5+ years of medicinal chemistry experience OR PhD in organic chemistry and 2+ years of medicinal chemistry experience.
- Expertise in medicinal and organic chemistry
- Familiarity with techniques in synthetic organic chemistry, including but not limited to laboratory skills, data interpretation from various spectroscopic techniques
- Safe laboratory practices and ability to multitask to achieve a high level of productivity.
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Desire to be a team player in a cross-functional environment.
- Responds well to scientific challenge and applies significant rigor to their own work
- Possesses a clear sense of urgency – recognizes potential problems and proactively acts to deliver solutions
Athos Therapeutics supports a positive work environment comprised of engaged employees who feel appreciated, recognized, and free to be creative. Candidate must have a deep organic chemistry knowledge, strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills are critical. The successful candidate must have the ability to work on multiple projects and adapt rapidly to new projects, must be a highly motivated, independent, and productive team player.